What is the average height for an 18 year old white male
The average height of an 18 year old white male is about 5 foot 8 inches tall. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-average-height-for-an-18-year-old-white-male ]
More Answers to “What is the average height for an 18 year old white male“
- What is the average height for an 18 year old male?
- I would say the average height for a 18 year old may can vary, probably from 5’8 – 6′. There is nothing wrong with being below average though. But since you are only 18, you will most likely keep growing. I have 2 18 year old brothers, and …
- What is the Average height for a white male in the US??
- The average adult white male in the US is 5 foot, 9.35 inches tall.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is average american white male height.?
- Q: I’m 5’7″, I perfer to date women who are shorter then me. I’m 18 years old, Am I at least average Height.
- A: 6 feet. By the way you can expect at least two more minor growth spurts over the next 12 yrs.
- I need some honest opinions, please?
- Q: Hi, I wrote this science report for school caIled “Big Cats”, covering lions, tigers, and mountain lions. I am homeschooled and don’t get graded, so I was wondering if you guys could read it and give me you honest opinions + grade my work. (FYI I’m in 9th grade). Thanks! P.S. I had pictures and cool font in my report which didn’t show up on here, so the format may look a little funny, just so u know):Big Cats The Lion: The lion king Lions are the only cats that live in groups, called prides. A pride can have up to three males, a dozen or so lionesses (female lions), and their young. Usually the female cubs stay with the pride after they become adults, but the males will eventually leave to make a pride of their own by taking over the group of another male. The lions within a pride are a close-knit family. The only cats that are social, the lions are very affectionate, often licking, head rubbing, and pawing each other. The males defend the pride’s territory, which is often as big as 100 square miles of grasslands, scrub, or open woodlands. They mark the boundaries of their realm with urine, and roar menacingly to chase off any intruders that are brave enough to trespass on their turf. Lions hunt only when they’re hungry. Animals that are usually prey for the lions seem to sense when they are there to kill and, when they’re not, will even ignore the lions, wandering close to them. The females are the pride’s primary hunters. Though they will hunt alone if the opportunity arises, they often use teamwork because some of the animals they prey on (antelope, zebras, wildebeests, elephants, etc) are usually faster, and sometimes bigger, then they are. Hunting is an organized event. During the dry season when water is scarce, the lionesses will lie by the waterhole and wait for prey to come to drink, then launch an attack. Though the head male lion usually takes little or no part in the hunt, he always takes precedence at the kill, dragging the prey to a chosen spot, then gorging himself before the females and cubs are permitted to eat. Though lions used to be found all throughout Africa, they are now found only in the south Sahara Desert and some parts of southern and eastern Africa. Historically in addition to Africa, lions were found from Greece through the Middle East to northern India. The lion population has also decreased. It has been reduced by half since the 1950s, leaving fewer than 21,000 lions living wild in all of Africa. The Gir Wildlife Sanctuary in India contains approximately 200 lions. Interesting Facts:·Head and body length (tail included)- approx. 9 ft.·Weight- anywhere from 300 to 600 pounds, males being bigger then females.·Height: approx. 4 ft (males.) Females are smaller. ·Lifespan: Usually anywhere from 13-20 years, sometimes up to 24.·Reproduction: After a gestation period of 15-17 weeks, females give birth to up to 6 cubs, usually 3-4.·Diet: Carnivorous (wildebeests, giraffe, antelope, wild pigs, zebras, elephants, any other hoofed animal. Sometimes they will prey on smaller animals like birds, hares, and even reptiles.)·Top Speed: 50 mph over short distances·Longest leap: 36 ft.·Distance over which a roar can be heard: 5 miles; both males and females roar.·The Tiger: The eye of the tiger The tiger is the largest member of the cat family, measuring in anywhere from 4 to 9.2 feet long. The male Siberian tiger, the biggest subspecies, can weigh anywhere from 400 to 675 pounds. The Sumatran tiger, the smallest living subspecies, averages 220 to 310 pounds. The females of all subspecies are always smaller than males. They are, on average, 3.5 feet tall at the shoulder. Tigers basically live solitary lives, except during mating season and when females bear young. They are usually fiercely territorial, leaving their scent around their large home ranges to warn others to stay away from their turf. There are nine breeds of tigers: Bengal, Siberian, Indochinese, South Chinese, Sumatran, Malayan, Caspian, Javan and Bali. Of these, the last three are extinct and the rest are endangered. Historically, tigers could be found from Turkey through South and Southeast Asia, to the far eastern shores of the continent. Now, however, the tigers are only found in South and Southeast Asia, China, and the Russian Far East. Although in the early 1900s there were over 100,000 tigers living throughout their range, now there is only between four and five thousand existing in the wild. Tigers occupy a wide variety of habitat, from tropical forests, evergreen forests, woodlands and mangrove swamps, to grasslands and rocky country. They are mostly nocturnal, meaning they are more active at night, and are stalk-and-ambush predators that rely on the camouflage their black stripes provide. Tigers attack by using their immense body weight to their advantage, launching themselves on top of prey and forcing it to the ground. They kill with bites to the nape and neck. Unlike most cats, tigers are very good swimmers and fond of water. They have even been known to kill prey while swimming. Tigers are carnivores, and will prey on deer, water buffalo, and antelope. They have also been known to attack dogs, sloth bears, crocodiles, pythons, and leopards, as well as monkeys and hares. Of all the big cats, tigers are the ones most often though of as “man-eaters”. But in reality, tigers rarely attack humans, and the ones that do are usually very old or injured and are unable to catch other prey. Like Jim Corbett, author of the book Man Eaters Kumaon, said, “A man-eating tiger is a tiger that has been compelled, through stress of circumstances beyond its control, to adopt a diet alien to it. The stress of circumstances is, in nine cases out of ten, wounds, and in the tenth case, old age.” A female tiger usually has three to four cubs per litter. Cubs follow their mother out of the den at around 8 weeks and become independent at about 18 months of age. Mothers are careful to guard their young from wandering males that may kill the cubs to make the female receptive to mating. The cubs stay with their mother for two or three years before leaving to begin lives of their own. The Mountain Lion: The lion sleeps tonight… The Mountain lion, also called cougar, panther, and puma, is a large predator that’s at the top of the food chain. Adult mountain lions can weigh anywhere from 80 to 230 pounds, depending on they’re location. They are usually 2 to 3 feet in height and 6 to 8 feet in length from their nose to the dark tip at the end of their tail. Young lions, called kittens or cubs, have spots that fade before they’re a year old. While lions will breed at any time of the year, most litters (anywhere from 1-5 cubs; usually 3-4)) are born in late spring and summer. At one or two years of age, the kittens start becoming independent of their mother. Though cougars are normally solitary creatures, young mountain lions may travel with their littermates for months before completely going off on their own. Semi-territorial, mountain lions mark out their turf by making “scrapes” along the boundary lines. A scrape is a 4-6” mound of dirt and leaves pulled together where the cat relieves itself to leave its scent. The scrape is a signal to other mountain lions, telling them that this territory is already occupied and should be avoided. A male’s territory can be anywhere from 50 to 200 square miles; a female’s territory is usually closer to 50 square miles. Mountain lions are believed to live in the western United States, Florida, Canada, Mexico, and both Central and South America. (See map bellow): Mountain lions are most active at dusk and dawn, but it’s still not unusual for them to travel at anytime of the day or night. Lions have a special adaptation for seeing at night and are easily blinded when caught in a flashlight beam or a passing vehicle’s headlights. These cats are also unique among other predators because when hunting, they often take down prey many times their own size. It is not unusual for a 140-pound lion to take on and kill a 400-pound elk. A lion hunts by silently stalking their unsuspecting prey, then ambushing it from behind and killing it with ferocious bites to the neck. When attacking a very large animal, the lion may reach around the neck and pull its head back, thrusting hard enough to break its neck. The mountain lion is carnivorous. Its diet consists mostly of white-tailed deer, moose, and caribou. They also eat smaller animals like squirrels, mice, muskrats, voles, skunks, raccoons, beavers, birds, fish, and even coyotes. Occasionally a mountain lion will turn to domestic animals for a source of food. Mountain lions are well known for one specific sound that they make: a shrill, piercing, terrifying cry that is often described as “like a woman screaming.” The cats also communicate with growls, hisses, purrs and bird-like whistles, which are probably used by a mother and her cubs for distinguishing location and communicating instructions. Mountain lions usually live to be anywhere from 12-18 years old, but can live up to 20 years old.
- A: It’s a bit redundant in some places and there are dozens of grammatical errors (mostly comma and semicolon usage errors). The information is good and the overall organization is solid. As it currently is, I would give you a B, but you could make it a better read if you rewrite it. Watch for places where you repeat previous lines and be a little more careful with your use of commas and semicolons.
- interesting facts?
- Q: An average ear of corn has 800 kernels, arranged in 16 rows.An average human drinks about 16, 000 gallons of water in a lifetime.An average human scalp has 100,00 hairs.An average person drinks about 16,000 gallons of wate during his life time.An average person laughs about 5 times a day.An average person uses the bathroom 6 times per day.An average pig squeals at a range from 100 to 115 decibels.An average secretary’s left hand does 56% of the typing.An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.An ear of corn always has an even number of rows because of the genetic formula which divides the cells.An ear of corn averages 800 kernels in 16 rows.An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 sent the Mississippi River backwards.An electric eel can produce a shock of up to 650 volts.An elephant can smell water 3 miles away.An elephant could carry up to 2 gallons of water in its trunk.An elephant has 4 kneesAn elephant may consume 500 pounds of hay and 60 gallons of water in a single day.An elephant’s trunk contains more than 50,000 muscles.An Estee Lauder perfume called “Country Mist” had disappointing sales in Germany where the word “Mist” was slang for manure!An estimated $1 million is lost at race tracks each year by people who lose or carelessly throw away winning tickets.An etiquette writer of the 1840’s advised, “Ladies may wipe their lips on the tablecloth, but not blow their noses on it.”An eyelash lives about 5 months.An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.An insect exerts so much energy in one hour of flying that it may lose as much as a third of its total body weight.An Octopus has 3 hearts!An old law in Bellingham, Washington made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing.An ordinance in Newcastle, Wyoming, specifically bans couples from having sex while standing inside a store’s walk-in-meat freezer!An ostrich egg can make approx. eleven and a half omelets.An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.An ounce of gold can be beaten up into a sheet covering 9.3 sq. meters, or drawn into 80.5 kms(50 miles) of wire.An ounce of gold can be stretched into a wire 50 miles long.An owl cannot move it’s eyeballs in its eye sockets.An oyster can change it’s sex a number of times during its life.An oyster can change its sex once every seven days.Anagrams amused the ancient Greeks, Romans and Hebrews, and were popular during the Middle Ages.Ancient Chinese artists freely painted scenes of nakedness and sex. However, they would absolutely never depict a bare female foot.Ancient Chinese artists would never paint pictures of women’s feet.Ancient Egyptian priests would pluck every hair from their bodies.Ancient Egyptians believed that “Bast” was the mother of all cats on Earth. They also believed that cats were sacred animals.Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the death of their cats.Andorra, a tiny country on the border between France and Spain, has the longest average lifespan: 83.49 years.Andrew Jackson spent most of his adult life with a bullet no more than two inches away from his heart as a result of a duel he fought before becoming President.Andrew Johnson, was the only self-educated tailor. He is the only President to make his own clothes as well as his cabinet’s.Andy Warhol based his 1964 series of silk portraits of Marilyn Monroe on a still photo from the 1952 movie Niagra.Andy Warhol created the Rolling Stone’s emblem depicting the big tongue. It first appeared on the cover of the ‘Sticky Fingers’ album.Animal gestation periods: the shortest is the American opossum, which bears its young 12 to 13 days after conception; the longest is the Asiatic elephant, taking 608 days, or just over 20 months.Animals that lay eggs don’t have belly buttons.Anne Boleyn had three breasts.Anne Boleyn, Queen Elizabeth I’s mother, had six fingers on one hand.Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII and mother of Queen Elizabeth I, had an extra finger on her left hand.Annually, approximately 46 millions Cokes, five million pounds of French fries, and seven million hamburgers are consumed at Walt Disney World Resort.Another law in Helena, Montana, mandates that a woman can’t dance on a table in a saloon or bar unless she has on at least three pounds, two ounces of clothing.Another name for your pinky finger is WanusAntarctica has only one ATM machine.Antarctica is the only continent without any reptiles or snakes.Antarctica is visited by over 10,000 tourists a year.Anteaters prefer termites to ants.Anthropologists use a standard height of 4 feet 11 inches to determine if a group of people are pygmies. The average adult male must be less than 59 inches in height.Ants are social insects and live in colonies which may have as many as 500,000 individuals.Ants can live completely submerged underwater for up to 2 days.Ants make up 1/10 of the total world animal tissueAny free-moving liquid in outer space will form itself into a sphere, because of it’s surface tension.Any month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th in it.Anyone could come to Andrew Jackson’s public parties at the White House. At his last one, a wheel of cheese weighing 1,400 lbs. was eaten in two hours. The White House smelled of cheese for weeks.Aphids are born pregnant without the benefit of sex. Aphids can give birth 10 days after being born themselves.Apparently 1/3 of people with alarm clocks hit the ‘snooze’ button every morning, and from 25-34 age group, it is over 1/2. (r u 1 of them?)Apparently there’s a law stating that if a Kurtatchi woman of the Soloman Islands unintentionally reveals her genitals, it can be expected and will be understood if any nearby man sexually assaults her.Apparently, according to Playtex, the best selling bra sizes these days are 34B and 36B.Apparently, I misspelled it…it’s “Sinterklaas.” Thanks to the unnamed person from Holland who corrected me.Apple pie was brought to England from France sometime around 1066 by William the Conqueror. It made it to America when the Pilgrims arrived.Apple pits contain cyanide.Apples are more effecient than caffeine for waking you up in the morning.Approximate number of facial expressions dogs can make: 100.Approximately 125 people die in the United States from an anaphylaxis to foods each year.Approximately 20% of Americans have a passport.Approximately 200 pets are buried in a pet cemetery out of the thousands of pets that die each day.Approximately 25,000 workers died during the building of the Panama Canal, and approximately 20,000 of them contracted malaria and yellow fever.Approximately 40,000 tons of meteoric dust hits the Earth each year.Approximately 850 peanuts make a 18 oz jar of peanut butter.Approximately one out of four injuries by athletes involve the wrist and hand.Arabic numerals are not really Arabic; they were invented in India.Argentineans eat more meat than any other nation in the world an average of 10 ounces per person per day.Aristedes won the first Kentucky Derby in 1875.Armadillos along with humans are the other creatures that can contract leprosy.Armadillos can be house broken.Armadillos can have up to four babies at a time and they are always all the same sex.Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.Army doctor D.W. Bliss attended to two presidents after they were shot by assassins. In 1865 he was one of the 16 doctors who tried to save Abraham Lincoln. In 1881 he supervised the care of James Garfield.Around 2,000 left-handed people die annually due to improper use of equipment designed only for right handed people.Around 22% of Americans are teenagers.Around the 16th century the Yo-Yo was used by Philipinos to stun prey from trees.Arrowroot, an antidote for poisoned arrows, is used as a thickener in cooking.As artists and traders in medieval cities began to form organizations, they instituted tough initiation ceremonies. For example, journeymen in Bergen, Norway, were shoved down a chimney, thrown three times into the sea, and soundly whipped.As bananas ripen, the starch in the fruit turns to sugar. Therefore, the riper the banana the sweeter it will taste.As late as 1820, the universe was thought to be 6,000 years old. It is now thought to be between 15 and 20 billion years old.As mentioned, the first Fords used Dodge engines. Many ford vehicles now use Nissan engines, especially in Mini-vans.As much as 80% of microwaves from mobile phones are absorbed by YOUR HEAD! visit microshieldAs of 14.10.2003, only 0.6% of people actually sign the guestbook. Its true. Over 120,000 visitors. Yes, the statistic did go down.As of 1996, Hee Haw holds the record for the longest running weekly first-run syndicated show in the history of television. It spanned over 4 decades, from the late ’60s to the early ’90s, airing every Saturday night at 7:00.As of 2004, there are two men for every woman in the United Arab Emirates.As of Dec. 31, 2000, the number of climbers summiting Mt. Everest reached 1314, and the number of deaths on the mountain reached 167.As specified by the Christian church, the canonical hours are matins, lauds, prime, terce, sext, none, vespers, and compline.Aspirin was the first drug offered as a water-soluble tablet in 1900.Aspirin went on sale as the first pharmaceutical drug in 1899, after Felix Hoffman, a German chemist at the drug company Bayer, successfully modified Salicylic Acid, a compound found in willow bark to produce Aspirin.Assuming that all the offspring survived, 190,000,000,000,000,000,000 flies could be produced in four months by the offspring of a single pair of flies.Astronaut John Glenn ate the first meal in space when he ate pureed applesauce squeezed from a tube aboard Friendship 7 in 1962.Astronaut L. Gordon Cooper was so relaxed on the morning of his launch into space in May 1963 that he fell asleep in his space capsule while waiting for blastoff.Astronaut Neil Armstrong first stepped on the moon with his left foot.Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.Astronauts become between two and three inches taller when in space.Astronauts brought back about 800 pounds of lunar rock to Earth. Most of it has not been analyzed.Astronauts grow taller in spaceAt 188 decibels, the whistle of the blue whale is the loudest sound produced by any animal.At 4,145 miles, the Nile River is the longest in the world.At -40 degrees fahrenheit,a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour breathing.At 840,000 square miles, Greenland is the largest island in the world. It is three times the size of Texas. By comparison, Iceland is only 39,800 square miles.At age 47, the Rolling Stones’ bassist, Bill Wyman, began a relationship with 13-year old Mandy Smith, with her mother’s blessing. Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year. Not long after, Bill’s 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy’s mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father’s father-in-law and his own grandpa.At age seventy, 73% of men are still potent.At Andrew Jackson’s funeral in 1845, his pet parrot had to be removed because it was swearing.At Arkansas State University two people cannot hold hands while standing in a doorway unless they belong to a union.At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.At birth, bear cubs weigh between 1/2 1 pound.At its center, the sun has a density of over a hundred times that of water, and a temperature of 10-20 million degrees Celsius.At Jack Russell Stadium in Clearwater, Florida, on June 26, 1985, organist Wilbur Snapp played “Three Blind Mice” following a call by umpire Keith O’Connor. The umpire was not amused, and saw to it that Mr. Snapp was ejected from the game.At one time in India, a fiance was required to deflower his future bride if she died before the wedding. The girl could not be cremated until this ritual was carried out in front of the village priest.At one time the earth consisted of one land mass and a huge body of water. Geologists today call the land Pangaea (from the Greek words “all land”), while the water was called Panthalassa (from the Greek words “all sea”). Between 180 and 200 million years ago, Pangaea split into two parts: Laurasia, which consisted of North America, Europe and Asia; and Gondwanaland, which consisted of Africa, South America, India, Antarctica and Australia.At one time, there was a law in India that forbade lower-caste people from casting their shadows on a member of the Brahman (the upper class).
- A: Cool!I have loads about peanuts:# Other minor peanut producers are Alabama, Florida, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma and Virginia# An 18oz jar of peanut butter needs 850 peanuts to be made# The USA produce about 6% of the world’s crop of peanuts: by comparison India and China, together, produce about 70%# About 65% of those peanuts are used worldwide for the production of peanut oil; another 20% is used for the production of candy# Peanut oil accounts for 8% of the worldwide edible oil production# The national peanut month is March: it started as the national week in 1941 and was later “promoted” to a full month in 1974# Two presidents of the USA, Jimmy Carter and Thomas Jefferson, were peanut farmersetc etc..(many more in the link, my post would be 3 pages long lol)
Prev Question: How do you loose 5 puonds in one day
People also view