Why do we get sleepy
We have to sleep because it is essential to maintaining normal levels of cognitive skills such as speech and memory. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-we-get-sleepy ]
More Answers to “Why do we get sleepy“
- Why do we get sleepy?
- when you are tired and is very late your brain tells you to rest by making your eyes heavy and stuff, Its the same way a laptop gets heated when left too long.
- Why do we get sleepy after we eat?
- This is due to your stomach having fill enough of food that you really feel heavy and because of this feeling you have a desire to take a nap. This usually happen when you sit longer after you eat and never try to move from your seat. I als…
- Why do we get sleepy after we eat a big meal?
- All the energy in the body is channelised into digesting the heavy meal you had. So, the energy spent in metabolisis and the processes that keep us active is decreased. So, we become lethargic and sleepy.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do we feel sleepy in a class room?
- Q: Why do we feel sleepy when a lecture is in progress?
- A: I think it really depends on the time of day. I remember when I was in middle and high school I would be sleepy during my first class of the day. Then, I would get sleepy again during my class after lunch hour. As far as lectures go, I think it depends on your teacher. If they are very monotone, there is no excitement in the lecture. If you are already tired, the lack of the voice change will make you space out.
- why do we feel sleepy after eating chicken rice?
- Q: I heard that we will feel sleepy after eating chicken rice… is that true? and what is the explanation for it?
- A: Because poultry as in chicken, turkey, and milk contain Tryptophan which naturally causes sleepiness. That is why people generally feel sleepy after a big Thanksgiving dinner. Cheese also contains this chemical.
- Why do we get sleepy after a long day in the sun?
- Q: I know that sunlight blocks the production of melatonin, which helps us wake up. So if light helps you wake up, why does too much of it make us sleepy?
- A: It’s not the light that makes you sleepy it is the heat because your body is constantly trying to keep your body temperature normal (around 98.6). Just like being out in the cold for a long time makes you tired as well. Any time your body is exposed to high or low temperatures, it is working to keep you from hypothermia.or hyperthermia.
Prev Question: How much should a girl that is thirteen and 5’2 weigh
People also view