Can you give stomach flu to other people
Yes, outbreaks (in which many people are affected) occur primarily from eating or drinking contaminated foods or beverages. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-give-stomach-flu-to-other-people ]
More Answers to “Can you give stomach flu to other people“
- Can you give stomach flu to other people
- Yes, outbreaks (in which many people are affected) occur primarily from eating or drinking contaminated foods or beverages. ChaCha
- Why do some people get the stomach flu and others dont??
- The correct term is “Gastroenteritis.” Stomach flu is a more common layman’s term that is loosely used for the public. It is, however, hit and miss. Families who share closed quarters, drink after each other, etc., may be more lik…
- Can dogs get the stomach flu like people?
- ONLY avet can answer that,i would get it there ASAP
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If we both cheated at one point should we forgive each other and try to move on in our relationship?
- Q: So my girlfriend and i have a very long history since middle shool. we’re now juniors. and we’ve been through being best friends, friends with benefits and obviously bf/gf so we know that we both have hooked up with other people when we werent going out. Anyway i got mad at her one day because she gave one of her close guy friends a kiss on the cheek good bye which is not that big of a deal so im not sure why i really got upset. and then she got mad at me for being upset about it but later when we were talking she had to confess that she cheated one time and gave some kid an handjob on the bus from some place she had to go to. and she said that she didnt do anything else to him or with him and all that happened was she put her hand in his pants and did that she didnt even see anything. obviously thats still not alright but i really love her and i said i can forgive that cuz there was this one time where i cheated too. i went much further than that and it was with this girl at school that doesnt like my gf very much so they dnt talk or get along and its prolly cuz i hooked up with her at one point. and then she wanted me to be very honest with her and say if i did anything else with anyone else and i said that one time when we were just friends with benefits (but were attatched to eachother and were going to go out offically soon, its a complicated relationship like i said) that i hooked up with someone else too. I told her i wanted to continue the relationship and she said that she really loved me too and realized how much i mean to her and wouldnt do something like that ever again, so i thought we made up. Then the next day we had a field trip at school and she looked upset while we were sitting on the bus together and i asked what was wrong and she was like i just cant get over the fact that you cheated on me for that one girl cuz shes such a bitch and everything. and i was like well u cheated too. but then she was like but all i did was move my hand up and down in his pants and i didnt even see anything but u made a much more physical and emotional connection with that other girl…(i think thats kinda stupid, its the same either way no matter how u cheat). and then she was like im happy that you can get over what i did but its just so hard for me to do the same for you. so i said if we both made this mistake we can trust eachother that we wouldnt do it again cuz we both know how it feels now. and we can make it through this together then. and she was just like whatever u cheated, game over. but she didnt break up with me cuz we still talked a little on the ride home and haha one of her friends was teaching me how to braid her hair so we were still flirting like that. now she hasnt talked to me at all this weekend and she got a stomach flu but she wouldnt answer when i called her, or my facebook wallpost, or the inbox message. i feel like if she wanted to break up she would have done it right then and there on friday when we were talking after the field trip. it says on facebook we’re still in a relationship and her profile picture is still her and me kissing but yeah idk what to make of this. one of my friends who is also a pretty good friend of hers just thinks shes doing this for attention cuz she wants me to be constantly devoted to her trying to call her all the time and stuff, to show i care. i think i agree with that too though. she did break up with me before tho before we got back together again and when she did she still couldnt stop talking to me and stuff because she said that she couldnt get over me like she though she could nd neither could I (like i said we have a long history and everything). but idk now she said that she doesnt want to and we were flirting like bf/gf and she was letting me feel her up and stuff (tmi sorry) so it seems like she doesnt want to but now shes ignoring me which makes me have to wonder that maybe she is thinking about a break up. im getting her flowers and stuff for tomorrow when i see her at school and try to talk it over with her. but how should we go about this whole thing. my friend said, dont think about the negative that might happen, think about the positive steps that you definitely will take so that the negative doesn’t happen.Sorry for the whole novel, but please answer! thank you
- A: Okay I’ve read everything because you answered my extremely long question. I think you two should really break up again because obviously she does not trustyou and never will. She can’t get over the fact that you cheated on her, she mine as wellnever forget about moment that either… She is to concerned about you. If she can’t get overit then obviously leave her because in the future she might not treat you the same as she didbefore and maybe might treat you more negatively. You don’t want that right? You want a goodfuture? Then you have to break up with her again. Sorry to burst your bubble. :SAlso, once someone cheats on you is always going to be cheating on you. Do you know why you guys broke up the first time you guys were dating? Was it because she cheated on you and you deciced to give her another chance? Was it because she treated you like junk?Once someone cheats on you will always cheat on you. Once someone treats you like a jerk will always treat you like a jerk in some parts. Remember, jerks can’t ever become 100% nice. Its a true fact. 🙂
- Don’t know what to do?
- Q: Hello, I have a 8 yr old choc lab (Hunter) He is a great dog!!! The problem we are having is he has stopped wanting to eat his dog food. This happened about a week ago, we took him to the vet, because on top of not wanting to eat his food he was acting really funny. They checked him out and it turned out he has a really bad ear infection, they said this really shouldn’t cause a dog to stop eating. But then they asking if he was a very sensitive dog (and he is Very) and they said OK this most likely was the cause of him not eating. They gave us a bottle of Ear meds (not sure what the name is of the meds) and everything was going great he was eating again (slowly but eating) Then 2 days ago he stopped eating again, he is still on the ear meds (3 to 4 weeks). He still is drinking water, going to the bathroom (both #1 and 2) will eat a dog treat or people food. 2 nights ago after he would not eat in the AM or PM I ran to the store and pick up some different dog food. (Beniful, he was eating Iams for 8 years) and he ate the new (dry) food right away. I also picked up a can of wet dog food he ate that all up as well. Then yesterday same thing he wouldn’t eat again, he wouldn’t try either of the dry foods or the caned food. We tried pouring some chicken broth on the food and he just licked it up and took a few bite’s of the food and even took some of the food sucked off the broth and spit out the kibble. So I ended up making his some rice and he DID eat that (Thankfully!!!) We are looking your thought or opinions? Should I try another food? Could he have a stomach flu? or be Sick? He normally toots (has bad gas) a lot and I haven’t heard or smelled anything from hin in a week or so? anything thought would be greatly appreciated!!!!Thank you and have a great day!41 minutes ago – 1 week left to answer. Additional DetailsThank you for the quick turn around. We did try differn’t dog food and He ate it for one day. He will eat rice (people food). I will try calling our vet to see if we can get some pain killers.11 minutes agoWhat else can I try at home? I Love my dog and will do anything for him. I just know if I call the vet they will say bring him in. I just had him there and they looked him all over and didn’t do anything other than the ear meds. I would hate it if I brought him back in and they just said O hes just not feeling well give hime people food until he is or something like that.
- A: First off, neither Iams nor Beneful are good foods. Full of fillers and chemicals. But I’d say your dog probably has a dental problem. A vet visit is the best option for you. And don’t bother askling the vet about dog foods. They are WELL paid to say “Science Diet” from college time to present. Go look at dog food comparison sites to educate yourself further.ADDED: That junk food is why your dog farts too much.
- Swine Flu Q&A?
- Q: Swine Flu Q&A What you need to know and how to protect yourself from infection.By the Editors of MSN Health Swine flu in the U.S.? If you’re worried about the flurry of news on pandemics, epidemics, and public health emergencies, here are some key facts provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Conrol and Prevention to help you understand how swine flu is spread and what you can do to prevent infection. Current updates on the spread of swine flu are available at the CDC’s Swine Flu web site.What is swine flu? Swine flu is a respiratory disease normally found in pigs and caused by type A influenza viruses. While outbreaks of this type of flu are common in pigs, human cases of swine flu do happen. In the past, reports of human swine flu have been rare—approximately one infection every one to two years in the U.S. From December 2005 through February 2009, only 12 cases of human infection were documented.How is it spread? Humans with direct exposure to pigs are those most commonly infected with swine flu. Yet, human-to-human spread of swine flu viruses have been documented, however it’s not known how easily the spread occurs. Just as the common flu is passed along, swine flu is thought to be spread by coughing, sneezing, or touching something with the viruses on it.If infected, a person may be able to infect another person one day before symptoms develop and up to seven or more days after becoming sick. Thus, a person is able to pass the flu on before they know they are sick. Those with swine flu should be considered potentially contagious as long as they are demonstrating symptoms and up to seven days longer from the onset of their illness. Children might be contagious for longer periods of time. Can I catch swine flu from eating pork? No. The CDC says that swine flu viruses are not transmitted by food. Properly cooking pork to an internal temperature of 160°F kills all bacteria and viruses. What are the symptoms of swine flu? Symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of a regular flu: fever and chills, sore throat, cough, headache, body aches, and fatigue. Diarrhea and vomiting can also be present. Without a specific lab test, it is impossible to know whether you may be suffering from swine flu or another flu strain. What precautionary measures should I take? The same everyday precautions that you take to prevent other contagious viruses should be used to protect yourself against swine flu: Wash your hands often with soap and water. Alcohol-based hand cleaners work well too. Do not touch surfaces that might be contaminated. Avoid contact with sick people. Try to stay in good general health with plenty of sleep, exercise, and a nutritious diet. What should you do if you think you are sick with swine flu? Contact your health care professional, inform them of your symptoms, and ask whether you should be tested for swine flu. Be prepared to give details on how long you’ve been feeling ill and about any recent travels. Your health care provider will determine whether influenza testing or treatment is needed. If you feel sick, but are not sure what illness you may have, stay home until you have been diagnosed properly to avoid spreading any infection. Watch for these symptoms in children. Seek emergency medical care if your child experiences any of the following warning signs: Fever with a rash Dehydration Fast breathing Bluish skin coloration Slow to wake or sluggish interaction Flu-like symptoms improve, but then return and cough worsens Severe irritability For adults, emergency medical care is needed if you experience these warning signs: Difficulty breathing Dizziness Confusion Severe or persistent vomiting Pain/pressure in the chest or stomach Remember that the symptoms for swine flu are almost identical to those you might experience with the regular flu. Only your doctor can give you the correct diagnosis. Are there medicines effective in treating swine flu in humans?The swine flu responds to the use of oseltamivir (Tamiflu) or zanamivir (Relenza) for those infected. For treatment, these antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).More informationU.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Infectious Diseases: How they spread and how to stop them
- A: Thanks for the info, and the two points. I think I’ll take a look. I really don’t know how I can answer this but… thanks.