What does a fast heart beat mean if its lasted a few days
A:Arrhythmia is any disturbance in the rhythm of the heartbeat. A trip to the doctor can pinpoint an exact problem. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-a-fast-heart-beat-mean-if-its-lasted-a-few-days ]
More Answers to “What does a fast heart beat mean if its lasted a few days“
- What does a fast heart beat mean if its lasted a few days
- Arrhythmia is any disturbance in the rhythm of the heartbeat. A trip to the doctor can pinpoint an exact problem. ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What do you think of this story i wrote?
- Q: No one ever said going to a public school was fun. Going to a big public school in a metropolis, sharing a classroom with thirty five other juveniles is the opposite of what I like to call, fun or even educational. It would be ok, if the students were nice, and liked to come to school, but here in West Mesa, Albuquerque, about 95% of the students are forced to mark their presence in school every day by their parole officer. The other 5%, which includes me, sees schools as just of way of getting out of their home, away from their parents. The hot sun stretched its ray across the cloudless sky of the summer’s afternoon. It was the last period of the day, and everyone could not wait for the ancient bell to ring. Mrs. Maribel, the white haired and wrinkled history teacher, decided not to teach today. Rumors were that her husband had an affair with the art teacher, who was very youthful and had a band of school boys running after her. So Mrs. Maribel had been unusually gloomy. She arrived in class a few minutes late, with red eyes, placed her books in the old wooden table and said that we should catch up on our work, which meant that we could do whatever we wanted. I sighed, and opened my fake coach bag, and pulled the Elle magazine, which had just arrived in the mail this morning, and my pink IPod nano. I turned the volume on high and immersed myself in the new fashion trends and some gossip. Some of the other girls did the same thing, while the minority flirted with the boys.I was almost in the middle of reading my magazine when I could not help but notice the sudden activity in my class. One of the girls was having an argument with what it appeared to be her boyfriend. She slapped him in the face a couple of time. After watching the scene for a few minutes I got bored and turned back to my magazine. The fight did not seem to settle. These type of things happened often at this school. Sometimes about three or four times a week, between students, and even between teachers. Even I got into a fight. I could not help myself. That girl was asking for it when she flirted with my boyfriend in front of me; but comparing with the fights that I watched, ours was nothing but a kitten fight. As I turned the pages of my magazine, remembering the past, I heard someone scream. I took my headphones out and looked to my right, where the sound seemed to be coming from. In a few second I perused the classroom, the girl who was fighting with her boyfriend had disappeared. The boyfriend, who was by the way, very cute, was starting to stand up in the corner of the classroom with his back to the rest of us. Everyone was looking at him. I set there, confused, not knowing what was happening, while everyone around me seemed to be holding their breaths. Suddenly the guy turned towards us, breathing heavily, and in his left hand, he held a gun. In his face a wicked grin started to from. “Don’t dare leave this room or I’ll kill you all!!” he screamed. From the ferocity in his eyes and his quivering hands, one could assume that he was not bluffing. “Where’s that tramp?!” he asked the class.Silence “WHERE IS SHE?!!” Hiroshi, the Asian nerd of the school, who, for the last few weeks, was trying to become a gangster, cleared his threat. “She left, didn’t you see Sean?” Hiroshi said calmly. “Don’t talk to me like that; do you think I’m an idiot? Dork!” “No, I just think you are making a big mistake. Put that gun down, before you do something that will make you an idiot.” “Like I care; like I’m afraid of doing this again. Do you think I’ll regret taking your life?” It happened so fast, I did not see when Sean pointed his gun directly in Hiroshi’s head and pulled the trigger. I just saw the light smoke came out of the tip of his gun, I could hear my heart beat faster and the thud from Hiroshi’s body as it fell to the ground. His cheeks touched the dirty floor of history classroom, and bright red blood creped from his white lips.Yoshiro, his girlfriend who was minutes before standing by him, let out a shriek and ran towards his lifeless body. “NOOO!!” She yelled as she kneeled next to him and cried relentlessly.I put my hand in my mouth, to stop the scream that was forming inside of me. And like Yoshiro I began to cry. Everyone had forgotten Sean until he started to chuckle cruelly in the back of the class.Instantly every pairs of eyes focused on him.“See how easy that was? I don’t even feel bad for doing it.”“Look what’ve done,” said Yoshiro standing.“You KILLED him!!!” she slowly walked towards him as she wiped her tears. No one moved. No one wanted to risk their lives to save Yoshiro, as she walked to her certain death. I turned my face away; I did not want to see. Sean kept his gun pointed towards her direction, but she did not stop. I put my hands over my ears and shut my eyes. I shook with fear. Where was Mrs. Maribel? Where wasshe when Sean killed Hiroshi? Where was everybody? The police officers, weren’t they supposed to be here already? Didn’t they hear the gun shot? BANGIt happened. The various screams, mostly from the girls pulled me back to what was happening. Slowly I opened my eyes. There in Sean’s place stood Yoshiro. In her hands a silver gun, in her eyes the sin of murder.Her silence spread around the class. She dropped her arms next to her looked around to see everyone’s surprised stare.“I’m sorry.” She said miserably with a heavy accent.She raised her right hand that was holding the silver gun and brought it to the side of her head. A last tear rolled down her cheeks. “No, STOP!” I yelled She closed her eyes and slowly and pulled the trigger.
- A: I really liked it!but you had one spelling typo.. haa thats all the problems I found. I set there, confused, not knowing what was happening, while everyone around me seemed to be holding their breaths. I sat there.if you decide to finish the story, can u e-mail it to me?!srsly!It was really good.
- There’s this guy that i like and i think he likes me,does he?and how can i get him away from his guy friends?
- Q: We both go to the P.E group at the Y.M.C.A and before i go to P.E i swim at their pool so that gives me a half an hour to freshin’ up (get a shower, change, put on make up, ect) and thats when i usually look my best and a couple weeks ago he started to act more interested in me like when we were standing around waiting for class to start and he was facing his friend Tyler and i was facing my back away from him talking to my friend and i felt a light shove and i turned around and he was standing there still facing Tyler, but trying to hold down a big smile and so i knew it was him. When class started we did the usual run around the track 5 times and then stretch and when we went outside we were playing capter the flag against the little kids ( 7-12 ) and it was weird most of the ppl i knew were scared of getting caught, but of course David (the guy i like) wasn’t scared and captured a few opponents and was kinda showin off when i was with him and i was trying to push my friends out in the field- which didn’t help much so i gave up and then when i went out into the other side i went too far and David came around the perimeter and he and i noticed 2 12 yr olds coming after us (mostly me) and i wasn’t scared at first but the grass was slipery so i ran when i saw them darting towards me and David ran with me and suddenly i saw them circling me and and when i saw this little hole between the kids i sprinted towards it and David was near me but i didn’t notice because i was paying too much attention to how fast i was running and when we finally past the line i was bending over and panting and he said “i saved you.”(or something like that), i didn’t really believed him but i wasn’t sure and the next time i went to P.E he was sitting on this couch outside of the gym and held out his hand for a high five (hes been giving me alot of high fives lately and its not like i scored a winning touch down in football all the time. but is that good that hes been giving me high fives? is that an excuse for him to touch me without it being weird or obvious?) and i gave him 5 then i headed towards gym.and ( i know……..S.T.U.P.I.D!! ) he then said “wait, where are you going? talk to me.” i didn’t know what to say so i asked him where my friend was ( he’s friends with her too ) and that day i told her i liked him and she said she didn’t want to get involved- which made me mad because she’s the only closest friend of mine thats friends with him and that actually believes in dating ( i know this is a REALLY weird P.E group ). We had a long eye contact connection after P.E ended and which lasted like 5 sec.( the eye contact not P.E) and my friend (a different friend) just today told me to look away and look back and smile when that happens but i can’t help it because i’m an idiot. but the next day i went 2 P.E he said hi (ok he really said “hey guys” which meant my friend too but thats still a `hi` ..) to me once that day and pretty much hung out with Tyler the whole time and my heart beat hurt SOOO much when it beated and even my friend noticed and she told me to just breath deeply but that didn’t work because i was breathing way too fast. i slapped my face in disgust and shook my head at the same time because my friend didn’t catch the ball when i was passing it to her and she wasn’t obviously paying attention and i saw David doing the same thing but that was the only firework that day. is mimicing good? does he think i’m not interested in him? did he give up? does he like me or is he just playing with me? how can i talk to him with Tyler being there? is he trying to seduce me? what is he doing?! and if u ask….no i’m not getting this published..LOL
- A: john jocab jingle hymer shmit! His name is my name to!!!!
- Should you trust your gut instincts over your physicians diagnosis?
- Q: I am 24 years old and as an infant I was diagnosed with a hole in my heart. My doctor told my parents that surgery wasn’t necessary and that eventually the hole in my heart would close on its own which it eventually did. However I have had a slight murmur ever since. It is something that has never caused me any problems. I am very athletic, don’t drink or smoke and eat healthy and at my last full physical was told that my health was good.Things changed about two weeks ago. I was lying down and suddenly I felt this sharp stabbing between my breast that lasted for a few seconds before disappearing. Afterwards, I had this strange heavy feeling in my chest that last for at least ten minutes. It was scary but I thought maybe I had gas or something and shrugged it off as nothing to worry about. Then two days later it happened again, only this time once the heavy feeling subsided, I had a feeling I could only describe as strange followed by this very hard forceful heartbeat. At this point I was scared.I made an appointment with a cardiologist when my scary experience turned terrifying. On the morning of my appointment all the same symptoms described above returned only when it was all said and done my heart was beating so fast I thought I was having a heart attack. My boyfriend rushed me to the ER where the cardiologist I made my appointment with worked. After several hours and diagnositc tests he told me that my heart murmur was just aggravated and that sometimes it happens due to overexcersion of excersize and other physical activities. He told me to rest and that I would be fine. However I don’t feel fine. In fact I feel awful and I feel as if my doctor missed something. Although I haven’t had any “incidents” since that day I feel tired all the time and my heart is beating slow yet forceful. A friend of mine who is a medical student frightened me the other day when he said it sounded like it was taking all the strength my heart had to keep beating. I’m scared about it and unsure what to do. I mean I want to trust my doctor because he is a professional and he knows what he’s doing, however I just can’t shake the feeling that something is very wrong. Should I seek a second opinion or is it my fear over the original incident causing me to panic over something that I shouldn’t be?
- A: I would trust your Physician’s diagnosis. The information he obtained would have come from different machines run by different technicians, who would have all been checking for the same types of issues. Medical care is not the result of one Doctor looking at your symptoms and guessing. It is a collaborative effort of all healthcare practitioners and corresponding diagnostic tests. The circulatory system is 1 of the most straight forward systems in the body, and operate very mechanically. An EKG or ECG (electrocardiogram) will show the electrical impulses around your heart. The paths that these impulses take will indicate if other conditions (not related to the electrical path directly) exist as well. Another valued diagnostic test is an echo or echocardiogram. This is an ultrasound of your heart, and will show the heart visually in real time, as well as obtain velocity values of the blood flow throughout the heart. It will determine the cause and quantify the severity of your murmur. There are other tests you could have as well, but these two would be the most relevant given your circumstances. Was the shunt (hole) in your heart an ASD (atrial septal defect) or a VSD (ventricular septal defect)? Both of these would be seen on an echo. It is more likely that your symptoms stem from anxiety from your perceived condition after it was aggravated as your doctor said. If you continue having anxiety (which often presents as cardiac symptoms, among other things) you may speak to your doctor about medication to treat the anxiety (A benzodiazepine for example) or practice breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, etc.) Hope this helps. Good luck and all the best.