What to avoid while sick with the flu
You want to stay away from roughage which includes salads or too many vegetables as well spicy foods. You should stick to teas, soups, broths, juice, ginger ale, puddings, jello, and ice cream. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-to-avoid-while-sick-with-the-flu ]
More Answers to “What to avoid while sick with the flu“
- What to avoid while sick with the flu
- You want to stay away from roughage which includes salads or too many vegetables as well spicy foods. You should stick to teas, soups, broths, juice, ginger ale, puddings, jello, and ice cream. Thanks for using ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I was told I have to get a flu shot, I do not want to :(?
- Q: I know its bad to get sick or the flu while pregnant and I am trying like h*ll to avoid getting sick. I do not work, and hardly leave the house except for the grocery store and I wait til my husband can go with me so that he can push the cart and I don’t have to touch it.I never go hang out with anyone I don’t even really know anyone in this area, if a family member is sick I WILL NOT go to their house. I am trying to be very careful.I don’t know what it is but I have never had a flu shot and told myself I never would, I don’t agree with getting a vaccination for something that is curable. I am sick to my stomach over it and almost left my obgyn’s office in tears. I have this bad feeling about it and my mom said if I have a bad feeling or just don’t want to then DON’T!!!!!What are everyone elses thoughts on this, did u get a flu shot during flu season while u were pregnant????or anyone out there feel the same way and was told to get one and didnt or does not want to?I have also worked with people who have gotten the flu shot and gotten sick anyway!
- A: I have never gotten a flu shot and not planning to as well. People don’t understand that when you get the flu shot you actually get the strain of the flu and your body has to fight it off. The sad thing is people get flu shots when there are so many strains out there of the flu that can affect you regardless of the vaccination. Don’t do anything that you don’t want to.
- swine flu now confirmed in more states?
- Q: New jersey, North Carolina,Spain have been suspected/confirmed to have the flu there.New york,Canada, California, Texas, and ohio have been confirmed also yesterday.Do you feel as if every state in the usa and even other places will get this swine flu?Im from new york btwAlso heres some fact stuff: How can someone with the flu infect someone else?: Infected people may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 7 or more days after becoming sick. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick.- ———————————– What should I do to keep from getting the flu?: First and most important: wash your hands. Try to stay in good general health. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food. Try not touch surfaces that may be contaminated with the flu virus. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.——————————— Are there medicines to treat swine flu?: Yes. CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with these swine influenza viruses. Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid or an inhaler) that fight against the flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. If you get sick, antiviral drugs can make your illness milder and make you feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).——————————- How long can an infected person spread swine flu to others?: People with swine influenza virus infection should be considered potentially contagious as long as they are symptomatic and possible for up to 7 days following illness onset. Children, especially younger children, might potentially be contagious for longer periods.Oh sorryi was in a rush so i didnt really write down all states suspected of it/confirmed.States in almost every country have suspected in the flu, many states are being tested currently.
- A: ATUNA
- What are my chances of getting the “stomach flu”?
- Q: My friends roommate came down with a stomach bug last night. I’ve been hanging out with my friend all day (who doesn’t have the flu), and had to drop off some things at my friends house. I didn’t see her roommate at all- he was sleeping in the other room. I was at their house for about twenty minutes.What are my chances of catching the virus if I was around my friend (who has a sick roommate) and going to her house for a little while.Oh and if it is probable- what kind of things can I do to avoid getting it now?
- A: When someone is sick with a stomach virus, their vomit and feces are full of viruses. If any of these viruses accidentally get into your mouth, you will get sick. So, did you use the bathroom that the sick friend used? Do you chew on your fingernails? If you didn’t touch your face, put your fingers in your mouth, or eat anything while you were there, you probably won’t get it. However, your friend is very likely to catch it from her roommate. For a wealth of information about the stomach flu including tips to help you avoid it, please read this website.