What medication treats impetigo
The FDA approved a new prescription antibacterial ointment called Altabax to treat impetigo. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-medication-treats-impetigo ]
More Answers to “What medication treats impetigo“
- How long does it take to cure impetigo?
- Impetigo Treatment. View diagnostic tests, medical proecedures, otc and prescription drugs on Healthline Treatment Search. There are 3 procedures and 4 prescriptions found for Impetigo…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the best way to treat impetigo?
- Q: What is the standard treatment? What precautions should one take? Are there any standard medications?
- A: The key to treating — and preventing — impetigo is good personal hygiene and a clean environment. Once the infection occurs, prompt attention will keep it under control and prevent its spread.A topical mupirocin ointment, available only by prescription, is highly successful in treating routine cases. Don’t try over-the-counter antibacterial ointments; they are too weak to kill strep and staph infections, and applying the ointment carelessly may actually spread the impetigo. If mupirocin does not help in 48 hours, ask your doctor about an oral antibiotic such as Keflex or Zithromax.