Why do pregnant women faint
When you’re pregnant, your cardiovascular system undergoes dramatic changes: Your heart rate goes up, your heart pumps more MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-pregnant-women-faint ]
More Answers to “Why do pregnant women faint“
- What causes a pregnant woman to feel faint and almost to the poin…?
- There’s a few things. Usually a drop in blood pressure. This used to happen to me a lot if the shower was too hot. The fix is to lay down with your feet elevated. I’d suggest an increase in water, as dehydration can also cause this. She sho…
- What can cause a pregnant woman to get dizzy and almost faint??
- sudden change in blood pressure, Not eating enough, dehydration, blood sugar high, too low, Potassium low, iron low. COuld be several things, talk to your doc they might want to do blood work. Get rest, take vitamins, eat healthy. Next time…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why do some women faint when they’re pregnant ? (like right at start of pregnancy)?
- A: Dizziness can occur anytime middle to late pregnancy. The pregnancy hormone progesterone dilates blood vessels so blood tends to pool in the legs. In addition, more blood is going to your growing uterus. This can cause a decrease in blood pressure, especially when changing positions, resulting in dizziness.Faintness and dizziness can also be affected by poor eating habits. When your blood sugar levels are too low, you may feel faint.Recommendations: 1.Move around often when standing for long periods of time. 2.Try lying on your left side to rest. 3.Try to move slowly when standing from a sitting position; avoid sudden movements. 4.Eat regular meals to prevent low blood sugar.
- Why do some pregnant women have a vertical line running down their tummy?
- Q: This vertical line usually runs from the upper stomach to the pubic area. Why is it there and what purpose does it serve?At present I have a faint line running down my stomach and I expect when I become pregnant it will become more prominent – why is that?
- A: Like you, I already have a dark line and I’ve never been pregnant. I’m trying to get pregnant and my doctor said that my uterus is large for someone who has never been pregnant. I have the lower belly “pooch” below my belly button, but I’m otherwise lean and well proportioned. It’s called a linea negra & it’s caused by hormones…. although I think it’s caused by uterus size as well b/c I already have one. Here is an article on about.com about it: http://pregnancy.about.com/od/pregnantbody/f/lineanegra.htm
- Why do i feel faint and dizzy?
- Q: sometimes, usually when I’m out, i suddenly start to get really hot and feel sick, then i get dizzy and feel like im going to faint. i get a headache, mainly in my eyes, and everything goes blurry so that i can’t see. I dont know if its anything to do with my pregancy as i never had it before, (im 20 weeks) so i was wondering if any other pregnant women have experienced this?
- A: i sometimes get this (im 21 weeks) my blood pressure was fine but i do suffer with high blood pressure so i would go and check it out incase you have high blood pressure the other thing to do is have a caffine free drink like 7up or sprite i found that helped me alot and 1 paracetamol but check out blood pressure first just incase that is the cause xxxxx