Do psychologist prescribe drugs
Not traditionally. However, New Mexico recently became the first US state to allow psychologists to prescribe drugs…ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-psychologist-prescribe-drugs ]
More Answers to “Do psychologist prescribe drugs“
- Should psychologists prescribe drugs?
- Psychiatrists can prescribe drugs because they are medical doctors. It is highly unlikely that the American Medical Association would be willing to give a piece of that highly lucrative practice away to psychologists. Instead read more Most…
- Who can prescribe drugs a psychologist or psychiatrist??
- A psychiatrist. A pychologist has no training in medicine, only in therapy – whereas a psychiatrist has both.
- Why do psychologist prescribe suicidal patients prescription drug…?
- Psychologists are not allowed to prescribe any kind of pills only Psychiatrists are. Psychologists only do talk therapy, Psychiatrists don’t like to talk so they give pills and not all people who are depressed try to kill themselves. Anti-d…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do psychologist prescribe suicidal patients prescription drugs when they’re just going to overdose on it?
- Q: Does that every cross they’re minds? That their patients will just OD on the pills as a to kill their selves. That the doctor prescribes them?
- A: Psychologists are not allowed to prescribe any kind of pills only Psychiatrists are. Psychologists only do talk therapy, Psychiatrists don’t like to talk so they give pills and not all people who are depressed try to kill themselves. Anti-depressants help a lot of people. People who are depressed are usually deficient in one or more of the 3 chemicals that control mood and anti-depressants puts the chemicals back into the brain and the person gets better in most cases.
- what do u diagnose this patient with the following symptoms? can psychologists prescribe drugs?
- Q: A 22 years old female thinks that she is not cared and she is not loved by her parents and she gets angry at them and starts crying.She doesnt eat as much as she used to and she lost interest in normal routeine.She cant concentrate in her studies(she cant focus at all) and she feels sad and angry and starts crying everytime she thinks about not being cared.She used to like to cook,clean the house and does fun things, but now she loses interest in all of them.WHAT DO U DIAGNOSE THE ABOVE PATIENT?CAN PSYCHOLOGISTS PRESCRIBE DRUGS to PATIENTS?
- A: Well, I wouldn’t trust someone on Yahoo to diagnose a medical or mental condition. She would definitely need to be seen by a professional. I would start with her regular physician first. The physician can prescribe medication and also determine if additional help (counseling, etc.) is necessary.
- who can prescribe drugs a psychologist or psychiatrist?
- A: A psychiatrist. A pychologist has no training in medicine, only in therapy – whereas a psychiatrist has both.