What causes a boil under your skin
A:Boils are often caused by infected hair follicles. Bacteria from the infection form an abscess, or pocket of pus. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-a-boil-under-your-skin ]
More Answers to “What causes a boil under your skin“
- What is a boil that appears on your skin and what causes them?
- A boil is a skin infection that starts in a hair follicle or oil gland. Most boils are caused by a germ (staphylococcal bacteria).
- What causes skin boils?
- There are a lot of different causes of those painful, itching, and gross boils. Some are caused by an ingrown hair while others can be caused by a foreign object in the skin or acne. Either way, these are extremely painful and should be tak…
- Can Mold cause skin boils?
- I think it is possible but if you are getting boils it is probably MRSA, it is sweeping the nation, schools, prisons, hospitols, go to a doctor and get some meds.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Whats your experience with worsening folliculitis (ingrown hairs) and boils cause by staph infection?
- Q: Ive had ingrown hairs in my pelvic region for several months but recently it got much worse when I got what they think is a staph infection (2 weeks to get the culture back). Now I have hard lumps under the skin where the ingrown hairs are, some raise and are fluid or pus-filled.Ive read about Hydradenitis suppurativa and it really scares me because apparently its a disease that only gets worse. Has anyone been through anything like this?BTW, I’m on metronidazole and doxycyclin for 14 days for bacterial vaginosis, possible pelvic inflammatory disease, and possible staph infection.
- A: Well, the good news is that this does go away with antibiotics, but not just 14 days of them. My hubby had the same thing and did 2 weeks of STRONG clindamycin and shots, and then stayed on a normal dose docycycline for 60 days and hasn’t had it since. Also, the doctor told him to put half a cup of bleach in his bathwater twice a week to help keep the bacteria levels down. Try to talk to an Infectious Diseases Doctor. Not that you have one, it’s just that they know how to deal with this better than regular doctors and are more willing to give you the antibiotics… Good luck!
- the rest of my story for those who’d like to read…?
- Q: comments appreciated…along with advice and constructive criticism.Annalee sat down next to me, crossing her legs. She stared silently over the edge of the cliffs at the waterfall that cascaded down in misty, white tendrils to the stream below. “Thank you,” she said all of sudden after we’d sat in silence for merely five minutes; a record for her. My eyebrows crinkled in confusion. “For what?”“What you did earlier with Chase; for defending me.”My jaw clenched reflexively as she said his name and the memory came back to me, more vivid than the first time, as his hand struck her face.“I didn’t do it for you,” I responded. “I just hate it when guys get physical with girls. It’s not right. Plus,” I sighed as a smile broke across my face. “I couldn’t give up the chance to kick his ass.”She flinched as I said this and I couldn’t help but be angry that my words upset her. I couldn’t believe that I was…jealous that she cared so much about him when he was the last person to deserve it.“It doesn’t matter why you did it,” she said staring at me. “It’s the fact that you did it at all, it means a lot.”“Not really,” I replied, taking her words a little to literally. “It didn’t mean anything at all.”There was something in her eyes then as I said this. It disappeared just as quickly as it came so I didn’t get a chance to see what it was. She turned her head away from me turning her attention back to the water that flowed far below us. “Well it meant a lot to me.” she said, her voice barely audible.I picked up at pebble that was lying nearby and flung it into the water as I realized what I’d seen in her eyes. It’d been hurt. I was hurting her. I was just as bad as Chase. The pain I was causing her might not have been physical but it was pain all the same. I tried to think of something to say that would make up for it but found nothing.“It’s never going to end,” she mumbled to herself. “No matter how hard I try, he’ll never get it.”“Hell, how can he?” I asked interrupting her private conversation. “I’d be just as confused as him if I was in his position.”“What are you talking about?” she asked, oblivious.“One minute you say you want to end things with him and then the next you go off and have sex with the guy.” I could feel the blood boiling under my skin as I got angry.“What are you talking about?” she repeated. “Who told you that I slept with him?”“He did,” I told her bitterly. “Did you honestly expect him to keep it a secret? It’s not like he has respect for you or your privacy.”“Chase wouldn’t,” she said defensively. “How could he…”“He was actually very detailed,” I continued ignoring her sputtering. “And he didn’t just tell me. He told all the guys on the football team a couple of days ago after practice. He droned on and on relentlessly for a good fifteen minutes until he ran out of ways to describe it.”Her face turned beet red as she thought about this and realized that I was telling the truth.My stomach tightened instinctively as tears sprung to her eyes threatening to spill over. “Why would he do that?” she asked.I stared at her wondering if her question was rhetorical, but she stared at me her eyes searching mine for answer.“Because he’s an asshole,” I offered. “And because he won, how can you not expect him to brag about his victory.”“What?” she asked, her eyes beseeching.“You finally gave him what he wanted.” I explained exasperated. She stared me doe-eyed, still confused. I sighed. “You don’t get it Lee. This is what he wanted all along; his ultimate goal, to get you into bed.”“No,” she replied shaking her head. “He loves me.”“No he doesn’t!” I yelled a little too loudly. “He doesn’t love you, Annalee,” I said, lowering my voice some. “He’s in love with the idea of you two together. I mean, let’s face it, the two of you together make up the typical high school power couple. Together, you’re the perfect little cliché; the cheerleading captain and the quarterback of the football team. To him, it’s all about image. That’s what he loves, but it’s not just that. He also loves the control he has over you. Now that you’ve given him what he wanted he expects it to be that way from now on. That’s why he was so upset when you wanted to end it. Not because he loves you. Because you’re taking away his glory, his image.this is all i’ve written so far..thanks in advance for the comments :)http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090522214554AAJ3TAq&r=where’s the first part if you haven’t read it yet :)the guy: all i need is your email 🙂
- A: I like it. And yes I’ve read the first part also. I am a very picky reader only reading things I want to read. I usually read these Yahoo answer things for a good laugh but yours kept me going. I was pissed off for the 3 seconds I had thought that was all I was going to get. I think that this would make a good book if published. You should talk to people about getting it published.
- I want your honest opinion about my poem?
- Q: Here you go – it’s a little melodramatic, but it’s based on my home life as a kid and that’s how I felt at the time. What do you think?Brand NewWhat happens to words unspoken?I know like I know the palm of my hand as I stand silent,feet rooted to dusty tile,face carefully receptive,eyes blank,lips closed, neither curved in a smirk nor twisted in a scowl,teeth clenched,and hands ever open cause Lord knows if I clenched *them* I’d be throwing punches ‘til my knuckles break.All I can do is nod and keep my eyes straight ahead,keep strong because to look away is to be weak.On the outside I am unmolded clay – blank, malleable.Or maybe I’m an Etch-a-Sketch –Whatever words leave your lips and reach my ears can be shaken out of me later.Just shake me clean, and I’m brand new.But beneath my surface I can feel those words(tossed out effortlessly with the expertise of a knife thrower)dig under my skin,crawl through my veins like poison,boil in the pit of my belly,tighten my throat and seize my heart in a vice grip.But it’s alright, because I know that however broken I am before I sleep,when I wake up every grievance will be forgotten, and every insult will be swept away,buried under greetings and well wishes and clumsy jokes over the HDTV’s chatter.It’s simple clockwork.So I’ll climb out of bed with a smile.And here I’ll stand, brand new.
- A: Out of 10 i would give it an 9Because it doesnt have to rhyme to be a good poemand to make it a 10 you could change some of the words to make it feel more flowing with what you’re saying