How do you do the clean and press
Put squats between the elements of a clean and press for a maximized leg and shoulder workout. Muscles Worked Legs MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-do-the-clean-and-press ]
More Answers to “How do you do the clean and press“
- How to Do a Clean and Press
- ･ 1 Begin in a position similar to the deadlift. If you don’t know what a deadlift is, check out my other… ･ 2 With an explosive thrust, pull the weight up off the ground, pulling with your back and arms, and lower… ･ 3 Fling your rists…
- Muscle Building, The Barbell Clean And Press – How To Do It?
- For some reason, I don’t see the barbell clean and press being done at the gym very often. Maybe the name is threatening or the movement involved seems too complex. Nevertheless, the barbell clean and press should be part of your weight lif…
- What is the clean and press?
- The clean and press is a move that works all of your body so well that if I had to choose two exercises to get strong I would choose the clean and press and the one legged squat (pistol). Why is the clean and press such a good exercise? …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Check out these 18 interesting things you can do to your body that you might have not known about?
- Q: I think it is pretty cool!!!1. If your throat tickles, scratch your ear!“When the nerves in the ear are stimulated, it creates a reflex in the throat that can cause a muscle spasm,” says Scott Schaffer, M.D., president of an ear, nose, and throat specialty center in Gibbsboro, New Jersey. “This spasm relieves the tickle.”2. Experience supersonic hearing!If you’re stuck chatting up a mumbler at a cocktail party, lean in with your right ear. It’s better than your left at following the rapid rhythms of speech, according to researchers at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine. If, on the other hand, you’re trying to identify that song playing softly in the elevator, turn your left ear toward the sound. The left ear is better at picking up music tones.3. Overcome your most primal urge!Need to pee? No bathroom nearby? You are male? Then fantasize…Thinking about sex preoccupies your brain, so you won’t feel as much discomfort, says Larry Lipshultz, M.D., chief of male reproductive medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine.4. Feel no pain!German researchers have discovered that coughing during an injection can lessen the pain of the needle stick. According to Taras Usichenko, author of a study on the phenomenon, the trick causes a sudden, temporary rise in pressure in the chest and spinal canal, inhibiting the painconducting structures of the spinal cord.5. Clear your stuffed nose!The easiest, quickest, and cheapest way to relieve sinus pressure is to alternately thrust your tongue against the roof of your mouth, then press between your eyebrows with one finger. This causes the vomer bone, which runs through the nasal passages to the mouth, to rock back and forth, says Lisa DeStefano, D.O., an assistant professor at the Michigan State University college of osteopathic medicine. The motion loosens congestion; after 20 seconds, you’ll feel your sinuses start to drain.6. Fight fire without water!Studies have shown that patients who sleep on their left sides are less likely to suffer from acid reflux. The esophagus and stomach connect at an angle.When you sleep on your right, the stomach is higher than the esophagus, allowing food and stomach acid to slide up your throat. When you’re on your left, the stomach is lower than the esophagus, so gravity’s in your favor.7. Cure your toothache without opening your mouth!Just rub ice on the back of your hand, on the V-shaped webbed area between your thumb and index finger. A Canadian study found that this technique reduces toothache pain by as much as 50 percent compared with using no ice. The nerve pathways at the base of that V stimulate an area of the brain that blocks pain signals from the face and hands.8. Make burns disappear!When you accidentally singe your finger on the stove, clean the skin and apply light pressure with the finger pads of your unmarred hand. Ice will relieve your pain more quickly, Dr. DeStefano says, but since the natual method brings the burned skin back to a normal temperature, the skin is less likely to blister.9. Stop the world from spinning!One too many drinks left you dizzy? Put your hand on something stable. The part of your ear responsible for balance, thecupula, floats in a fluid of the same density as blood.“As alcohol dilutes blood in the cupula, the cupula becomes less dense and rises,” says Dr. Schaffer. This confuses your brain. The tactile input from a stable object gives the brain a second opinion, and you feel more in balance. Because the nerves in the hand are so sensitive, this works better than the conventional footonthefloor wisdom.10. Unstitch your side!If you’re like most people, when you run, you exhale as your right foot hits the ground.This puts downward pressure on your liver (which lives on your right side), which then tugs at the diaphragm and creates a side stitch, according to The Doctors Book of Home Remedies for Men. The fix: Exhale as your left foot strikes the ground.11. Stanch blood with a single finger!Pinching your nose and leaning back is a great way to stop a nosebleed if you don’t mind choking on your own O positive. A more civil approach: Put some cotton on your upper gums just behind that small dent below your nose and press against it, hard.“Most bleeds come from the front of the septum, the cartilage wall that divides the nose,” says Peter Desmarais, M.D., an ear, nose, and throat specialist at Entabeni Hospital, in Durban, South Africa. “Pressing here helps stop them.”12. Make your heart stand still!Trying to quell firstdate jitters? Blow on your thumb. The vagus nerve, which governs heart rate, can be controlled through breathing, says Ben Abo, an emergency medical services specialist at the University of Pittsburgh. It’ll get your heart rate back to normal.13. Thaw your brain!Too much ice-cream too fast will freeze the brains of lesser men. As for you, press your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth, covering as much as you can. “Since the nerves in the roof of your mouth get extremely cold, your body thinks your brain is freezing, too,” says Abo. “In compensating, it overheats, causing an icecream headache.” The more pressure you apply to the roof of your mouth, the faster your headache will subside.14. Prevent nearsightedness!Poor distance vision is rarely caused by genetics, says Anne Barber, O.D., an optometrist in Tacoma, Washington. “It’s usually caused by nearpoint stress.” In other words, staring at your computer screen for too long. So flex your way to 20/20 vision. Every few hours during the day, close your eyes, tense your body, take a deep breath, and, after a few seconds, release your breath and muscles at the same time. Tightening and releasing muscles such as the biceps and glutes can trick involuntary muscles likethe eyes into relaxing as well.15. Wake the dead!If your hand falls asleep while you’re driving or sitting in an odd position, rock your head from side to side. It’ll painlessly banish your pins and needles in less than a minute, says Dr. DeStefano. A tingly hand or arm is often the result of compression in the bundle of nerves in your neck; loosening your neck muscles releases the pressure. Compressed nerves lower in the body govern the feet, so don’t let your sleeping dogs lie. Stand up and walk around.16. Impress your friends!Next time you’re at a party, try this trick: Have a person hold one arm straight out to the side, palm down, and instruct him to maintain this position. Then place two fingers on his wrist and push down. He’ll resist. Now have him put one foot on a surface that’s a half inch higher (a few magazines) and repeat. This time his arm will cave like the French. By misaligning his hips, you’ve offset his spine, says Rachel Cosgrove, C.S.C.S., coowner of Results Fitness, in Santa Clarita, California. Your brain senses that the spine is vulnerable, so it shuts down the body’s ability to resist.17. Breathe underwater!If you’re dying to retrieve that quarter from the bottom of the pool, take several short breaths first essentially, hyperventilate. When you’re underwater, it’s not a lack of oxygen that makes you desperate for a breath; it’s the buildup of carbon dioxide, which makes your blood acidic, which signals your brain that somethin’ ain’t right. “When you hyperventilate, the influx of oxygen lowers blood acidity,” says Jonathan Armbruster, Ph.D., an associate professor of biology at Auburn University. “This tricks your brain into thinking it has more oxygen.” It’ll buy you up to 10 seconds.18. Read minds!Your own! “If you’re giving a speech the next day, review it before falling asleep,” says Candi Heimgartner, an instructor of biological sciences at the University of Idaho. Since most memory consolidation happens during sleep, anything you read right before bed is more likely to be encoded as longterm memory.
- A: wow…this ir really long but extremely impressive -especially since you took the time to find it, & write it down to share and help other people…thanks for the info. *STAR for you!!lol
- How do you clean out your French press?
- Q: I love the coffee it makes, but cleaning it out is kind of a pain. Is there an easy way to get the grounds out of a French press?
- A: Rinsing it out with water seems to be the best way, but putting the grounds down the sink stopped up our drain pipes. (Hubby wouldn’t listen until we had to call the plumber.) He finally learned to dump the grounds into the trash can, then rinse the press and pour the rinse water through a paper towel/napkin in a strainer. He’d let that drain, then toss the paper towel. No more drain problems.If you do any gardening, you might try using the grounds:http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/soil/2002015354019975.html
- How can you clean a French press without getting all the coffee grounds in the sink?
- Q: I have a one serving French press that makes excellent coffee. I have been using it for a few months at work where there is a garbage disposal. I thought nothing of pouring the grounds in there figuring the disposal would take care of it. Well, it did not. In fact it caused a backup that affected the bathroom sink as well. They had to call Roto Rooter to get it cleared out and now I am afraid to make coffee at work. Since no filter is involved it’s hard to get the granular coffee grounds out.
- A: coffee no make plug moron with cheese or rice did. you okay bebe yay you foundz me.
Prev Question: How do you perform the ‘floor wiper’ exercise
People also view