Does breast stroke or freestyle swimming burn more calories
Research has proven that the breaststroke takes more strength and energy (calories) than the other strokes, even the butterfly! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-breast-stroke-or-freestyle-swimming-burn-more-calories ]
More Answers to “Does breast stroke or freestyle swimming burn more calories“
- How many calories does swimming breast stroke or freestyle for an…?
- It depends on your weight… the more you weight the easier it is to burn calories… my height is 5’1.5 and I weight 120lb my program says that if I breast stroke or free style for an hour I will burn 8.77 calories per minute, losing 526 c…
- Does swimming breaststroke burn more calories than swimming frees…?
- the only measure for burning calories is your heart rate and amount of lactic acid in your blood . now about the difficulty ; butterfly is hardest one then comes freestyle and then breast and back stroke. for ex. for professional adult swim…
- Do we really burn a lot of calories by swimming (eg: freestyle/ b…?
- Swimming (like lap swim or on a team not rec swim) is a full body workout and is actually burns more calories and is better for you then just running/ jogging. To answer your questions:･ 1. Swimmers are not as slim as runners because being …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how many calories does swimming breast stroke or freestyle for an hour burn??
- Q: does one of the strokes burn more calories then the other
- A: It depends on your weight… the more you weight the easier it is to burn calories… my height is 5’1.5 and I weight 120lb my program says that if I breast stroke or free style for an hour I will burn 8.77 calories per minute, losing 526 calories per hour… Yes it does matter which stroke you use, because each stroke tones your body differently or different strokes can get your heart pump more… like if you back stroke or just swim for fun you don’t lose as much calories, I would probably lose only around 340… I would say butterfly and the two that you mention burns the most calories
- Do we really burn a lot of calories by swimming (eg: freestyle/ breast strokes)?
- Q: If so, then why are;1. Most swimmers not as slim as runners?2. Why don’t we get as tired when swimming compared to jogging/ running for the same period of time?3. Does our pulse goes as fast when we swim as when we’re jogging/ running?I enjoy swimming, but seriously doubt that it is really a good form of exercise to burn off calories.Thanks.
- A: Swimming (like lap swim or on a team not rec swim) is a full body workout and is actually burns more calories and is better for you then just running/ jogging. To answer your questions:1. Swimmers are not as slim as runners because being in cold water when you work out puts a thin layer of fat between you muscles and skin to protect them. Your body does this naturally so that is way swimmers are not as “cut” as runners. 2. If you are not getting as tired from swimming as you are from running and jogging, that means you are not swimming hard. You should be getting tired after swimming a hard workout, if you are not you need to increase your speed or change your swim workout. You are probably swimming the equivalent of what would be considered walking speed for running if you are not tired.3. Same as number 2, if your pulse is not going fast after a sprint or distance work swimming, you are not trying hard.I’m not saying that swimming is 100000% better then running, they are different and swimming is much more of a skill. Also if you swim and run you will get a better all together workout then just doing one of the other.
- Which swimming style burn more calories?
- Q: Breast Stroke or Freestyle (crawl) ?For a long time, i always thought Freestyle gets u more tired, and there for burn more calories, but on some of my research, breast stroke tends to be the winnerwhat do u guys think?
- A: Do a bit of both. I think it’s freestyle that burns more calories coz I always get so exhausted after 20 laps of it compared to breast stroke.
Prev Question: How do you know if you’re skinny
People also view