How many calories do you burn per hour when sitting
An average man would burn 68 calories per hour sitting around watching television, an average woman would burn 59 calories per hour sitting quietly and watching television. ChaCha on. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-do-you-burn-per-hour-when-sitting ]
More Answers to “How many calories do you burn per hour when sitting“
- How many calories do you burn per hour sitting on a stability bal…?
- Quite honestly you’d find the amount of calories to be negligible. We burn a certain amount of calories just sitting, even sleeping. It is not a huge amount. You would burn more calories sitting on a stability ball than on a normal chair si…
- Which burns more calories per hour, sitting or sleeping??
- actually sitting and doing something will burn more calories.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories do you burn per hour sitting on a stability ball?
- Q: At work I sit on a stability ball (7 hours/day) and is wondering if anyone else does this, how its working for them and how many calories they burn?
- A: Quite honestly you’d find the amount of calories to be negligible.We burn a certain amount of calories just sitting, even sleeping. It is not a huge amount.You would burn more calories sitting on a stability ball than on a normal chair since your core would be working. Not a significant amount though.As an indication you would burn roughly 60 calories an hour lying still. 90 calories an hour sitting, standing, reading, eating. You burn about 180 calories an hour walking at 5km/h or 3 mph (a gentle walk).So assuming you burn the same calories as sitting normally you would burn 630 calories in 7 hours sitting on a ball. Might be more but I’m not sure how much.It may sound like alot but in the scheme of things it’s really not.It’s very good that you sit on a stability ball as opposed to a normal chair. 7 hours a day will give you a fantastically strong core. This will help you so much in a normal day. Your posture will improve which give an instant illusion of weight loss. It will also be a great investment for one day when you’re older.
- How many calories can you burn per hour while sitting down and kicking your legs fast?? Is it alot??
- Q: Its because I sit behind a desk all day. I want to keep active at work
- A: more than if you werent kicking your legs. Studies ahve shown that people who fidget burn alot more calories than those who dont. So keep on kicking, I just would make that your only form of exercise.
- How many calories do I burn per hour when I sit in front of my computer and occasionally Click the mouse?
- A: Depends on if you’re reading. I get the joke but believe it or not reading stuff on the web can actually burn an additional 10-30 calories per hour.
Prev Question: Can I gain muscle and lose fat at the same time
People also view