What is the best exercise for your hamstrings
A simple and effective way to stretch your hamstrings is to sit in a hurdler’s stretch – with one leg tucked behind your bum, and one leg flat on the ground, outstretched in front of you – and to lean forward slightly until you feel a stretch MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-exercise-for-your-hamstrings ]
More Answers to “What is the best exercise for your hamstrings“
- What is the best exercise for quadriceps and hamstrings hypertrop…?
- Your best exercises are what we call “compound movements.” These are multi-joint exercises that in addition to targeting certain muscle groups also recruit smaller, secondary stabilizer muscles to execute the move or maintain bala…
- What are some good exercises for the legs(hamstrings & Quads)…?
- uh, squats, did you really not know about them? it’s the best (overall) exercise you can do no doubt
- What are some good exercises for hamstrings?
- Good mornings are terrific although I find they hit the lower back more. Consider barbell lunges or the dreaded glute-ham raise. Have you considered a Romanian deadlift with dumbbells? It’s like a SLDL, only your vertebrae actually stay …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is/are the best exercise(s) for hamstrings to reduce the appearance of cellulite?
- Q: I’m talking weight training. I workout 3-5 days a week for 45 min to and hour. I know all about cardio. I want to strengthen my hamstrings which will reduce the APPEARANCE of cellulite. I realize that you can’t spot train.
- A: there are many exercises try some on this site
- What is the best exercise for the back of the legs/ hamstrings?
- Q: I have cellulite and very little muscle in that region. I want to know a fast way to get rid of it, no matter how often ihave to work out!thank you so much!
- A: Ummm maybe you should work out a bit harder! Maybe during work since you seem to have alot of free time on your hands! Oh & maybe get some cream & rub it in the area of interest! Go for it girl, you’re a winner!!!!
- what is the best exercise for quadriceps and hamstrings hypertrophy??
- Q: i am a bodybuilder and will be competing in germany in december…. my legs have always been my waterloo, sooo i need your advice how i can make it bigger
- A: Your best exercises are what we call “compound movements.” These are multi-joint exercises that in addition to targeting certain muscle groups also recruit smaller, secondary stabilizer muscles to execute the move or maintain balance.Examples of compound exercises that target the quads include barbell squats, barbell or dumbbell lunges (including stationary and walking) and leg presses. Squats are probably the king of leg moves because they help strengthen your overall body, including your core. They also allow for a good range of motion and help develop balance. Lunges are also great, and can help with glute, quad and hamstring development.In terms of hamstrings, your best bets are deadlifts. There are several variations, but Romanian and Stiff-Legged deadlifts are typically the most effective at encouraging hamstring growth and flexibility. These can be performed with both dumbbells or a barbell. I’ve included links below. Pay special attention to form on these moves.Machines, like leg extension or lying/seated leg/hamstring curls can be effective in isolating these muscles and etching out some extra definition, but they should never be substitutes for the deadlifts or squats, which are far superior for adding mass and strength, as well as increase level of growth hormone in the body.Keep your rep ranges in the 8-12 range, which have been shown to be ideal for both strength and growth (hypertrophy.)Best of of luck!
Prev Question: What exercises can I do laying in my bed
People also view