Who invented yoga
Yoga is said to be as old as civilization. Scholars have found stone seals dating back to 3000bc with yoga poses on them! ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/who-invented-yoga ]
More Answers to “Who invented yoga“
- Who invented Yoga, and when?
- I know the answer to this, actually. You will probably find this hard to believe but… when the brain ceases to think–and that means the entity you think of as “you” dissolves–there is a moment of complete stillness. Nothingnes…
- Where better to take a yoga holiday than the place it was invente…?
- Capoeira is a lesser know form of exercise popular in the beautiful holiday destination of Brazil. Blending martial art, culture and game and invented by slaves in the sixteenth century, capoeira is probably best enjoyed on a great sandy be…
- Where did yoga come from?
- There is a myriad of yogic paths, meditations, postures and definitions. Yoga comes from the Sanskrit “yug”, to yoke or to unite. In the practice of yoga we join our finite selves to our infinite selves. In popular terms, we unite…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- who invented yoga?
- Q: When, Where, and Who invented yoga??
- A: Yoga originated in India within the Hindu culture. Nobody knows exactly “who” invented it. Though all the details of the ancient civilization of India are not available to us, sacred texts, collectively referred to as the Vedas are sacred to Hindu religion. The earliest written accounts of yoga appear in the Rig Veda, which began to be codified between 1500 and 1200 BC. It is difficult to establish the date of yoga from this as the Rig Veda was orally transmitted for at least a millennium. The first Yoga text dates to around the 2nd century BC by Patanjali, and prescribes adherence to “eight limbs” (the sum of which constitute “Ashtanga Yoga”) to quiet one’s mind and merge with the infinite.The first quasi-rational full description of the principles and goals of yoga are found in the Upanisads, thought to have been composed between the eighth and fourth centuries BC. The Upanisads are also called Vedanta since they constitute the end or conclusion of the Vedas.Also, Archeological discoveries from the Indus Valley Civilization (c.3300-700BC) depict figures in a yoga or meditation like posture.
- Can men study Yoga, or is it reserved for only women?
- Q: I know many of the elements of Yoga were originally invented by men in Asia centuries ago, I’m just curious if it is acceptable in today’s culture for a man to practice it
- A: Of course a man can do yoga! You dont think “warrior pose” was invented for a woman do you?
- Did hindu monks invent Yoga for having better Sex,Which they r incapable off?
- A: Yoga, principally is a practice of closer union with God, but one of the base stages of that is the exciting of the sexual response, and this is used between humans if patience is not fully practiced. Those who practice the higher forms do not engage in sex, except for child bearing, as a means of sanctifying themselves from all temporal pleasures for eternal joy of reunion with the Great Beloved.Consider reading “Autobiography of a Yogi” by Parahansa Yogananda if you wish to know some thoughts from a practicing Yogi.
Prev Question: Is that the fastest way to burn fat
People also view