What is the best type of martial arts
It would depend on whether you are looking for fitness or self defense. Karate benefits include a sense of well being and strength [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-type-of-martial-arts ]
More Answers to “What is the best type of martial arts“
- For me Bruce Lee’s, Jeet Kune Do is the best because if you study it you take things from all different martial arts and you use which techniques are best for you instead of following useless patterns and being confined to one martial art a…
- There is no best type. That’s like asking what flavor pizza is best. It all depends on what you like. I’m partial to karate, but have learned stuff from Taekwondo and kung fu systems as well. For the record, there are many different karate …
- Each type of martial arts possesses its own unique strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, it’s really about the type that suits what you’re looking to do and learn, rather than a global best kind.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Best type of martial arts training that teaches japanese sword fighting styles?
- Q: What is the best type of martial arts that teaches japanese sword fighting styles? i.e. kendoAnd were can i learn these in Virginia beach?
- A: AIKIDO…..VERY FLUID STYLE….TAKE YEARS TO MASTER…YOU MUST BE EGO LESS…AND HUMBLE…BUT IF YOU PRACTICE HARD…THE BENEFITS ARE ENDLESS…
- What is the best type of karate or martial arts to learn?
- Q: I’m 14 and i want to do some type of martial arts.ps do they let in beginners at my age?also it can’t be too exotic, i need to able to find it.
- A: I like kali/arnis because it’s a martial art that begins with a weapon and then progresses to empty hands. The weapon you begin with is just a 28″ stick and the moves can be applied to whatever you’re holding at the moment -it can be a book, a shoe, your pen, an umbrella, etc. Also, the beauty of it is that you don’t hurt your hands so much as a beginner and as a teenager because the stick takes most of the impact, not your bare hands. If you like to kick, try tae kwon do. If you can throw your weight around (literally), I heard judo also provides good foundation for other martial arts that you may want to explore later.
- Which is the best type of martial arts for fighting more then one person?
- Q: Say that your just walking and some guys want to jump you, what type of martial arts is good for that situation like to fight more then one person?
- A: Well most martial arts will teach you how to deal with multiple opponents. One that I don’t really recommend for multiple attackers is BJJ as this art tends to assume that you are able to spend a lot of time on one attacker.Some noteable ones would be Krav Maga which is a military style and is quite focused on being outnumbered. Also Ba Gua Zhang was originally designed as an art for bodyguards to defend someone against multiple attackers. Really any art is a good basis for dealing with multiple attackers, it’s more a question of strategy than specific technique.Things such as getting into a position where you can see all of your attackers, using the enviroment around you to your advantage (ie pushing off walls to power an attack or get you past your attackers and in a position to run), taking out the ring leader, positioning your attackers into a way that as few of them as possible can attack at the same time. Avoiding going to the ground for obvious reasons. The list goes on.One good way to assess an arts effectiveness would be to ask the instructor of the style what they would do when confronted with multiple opponents, and also if they ever have classes that focus on this.Good luck with your training and remember that no matter how good you are taking on multiple attackers is stupid, only ever engage in a fight if you have to. Sun Tzu says “ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting”, so your uultimate goal is to save your own hide so to run is to win the battle, but in a self defence situation remember he also says “to be kind to your enemy is to be unkind to yourself” so if you have to fight, and only if you have to, show no mercy it is your life on the line and against multiple attackers it truly is a life and death situation as they will feed off each other and potentially go a lot further than any one of them might have alone.Best advice, address why you need to know how to fight like this, if it’s for knowledge and just in case then go for it, if it’s because it keeps happening to you, perhaps it’s time to address what you might be doing in your life to bring this upon yourself.
Prev Question: What kind of physical activity is there
People also view